Saturday, September 13, 2008

Julie the Artist

Julie is moving into her new apartment.

Julie Hello, you look like you are strong. I need some help getting this fridge into the lift.
Chris Lady, I'm going to work.
Julie Get here right now and help me!
Chris Just opens mouth and stands there
Julie I'm having a party soon and you can come for helping

Outside Julie's apartment.
Bang!

Julie Watch, my furniture!
Chris I can't do any more lifting, er Jo, er Julie, I have to get to work!!
Julie What is that smell,is that your apartment? It smells really bad,like boys smell?
Chris Thats KimChi, I'm trying a new recipe. He walks off going to work

Julie is in her flat, painting when she hears some banging noises, upstairs.
At neighbours door.

Julie Excuse me, you sound like you're ripping carpet from the floor.I'm trying to work downstairs.
John I'm just playing horsey with my daughter! We aren't being loud.
Julie You don't seem to hear me. I'm saying you have to stop playing with your daughter and be quiet.

Gary across the corridor sees Julie as she returns to her flat

Gary Umm er arh, hi, arr are you nnnew hhere. Um I'm Gary.
Julie Yes, Im Julie, I'm having a house warming party and I've invited everyone to it this Saturday.
I'm an artist and I will be exhibiting my work here as well. It is at 7.30.

We see Julie in her flat contemplating here art work. Across the canvas are the words "The Snake is Dead"
The work is brown, and covered with severed snakes, she projects an image of a dancing woman on the painting from a slide.

Gary (on phone) Yes, she is beautiful and she asked me oout. I think I'll bring some drinks and some of Chris's Kim Chi.
She is an artist I bet she'll like it!
Gary Yes, I know I've quit drinking, but I need to talk freely

Julie (on phone) I've invited every one I know and all the people from the apartments. I even invited the dorky guy next door
That sleezy journalist from the Sun might come.

7.15 Saturday- paintings, drinks, music, all decked out.
Julie(on phone) That's all right thanks for the call. If your budgy is dying and you need to be there for it, I suppose
you can't come
.
7.31 The door bell rings.

Gary Sorry I'm llaatte.
Julie Oh no your the first one here!
Gary I brought some food and driks. He removes the lid of the Kim Chi filling the room with a rotting garlic smell
It's Kim chi, fermented cabbage.
Julie Holding nose. Pooh! Oh can you take that back home, I have food here.
Gary Accidently spills some on her floor and wipes it with his hanky, which he puts back in his pocket
He clumsily tries to kiss her. She holds out a drink to stop him
Gary Are these your paintings? I knew a artist once,he says pouring himself another drink.
Is this abstract art? What does that painting mean? He points to the image of a doll in a box one leg in kicking position.
Julie Now didn't I tell you to take that food home, then we can talk.

Gary puts down drink and looks sad.
Gary I'll be back soon.
Gary I'm back! I thought there would be more people by now, where is everyone?
He pours himself a big glass of red wine
Julie Being late is very fashionable in the Art world.

The projector is flashing images of flowers over a watercolor of a war scene.

The door bell rings. A huge man wearing a beret is framed against the door

Jeff MacKakey, Sun news at your service! Is that you Julie?
he says looking at her bosum.
Just cashed in some free theatre tickets for this wine.

There is this crashing noise in the lounge and flower projection appear on Jeff's face.
Gary rushes by into the corridor outside,with red wine over his shirt.
Gary Sorry Julie. The projector tripped me up.

Jeff Brilliant watercolor
Julie Red wine on my war scene!
Jeff Great motif my dear

No comments: